Custom flag making is a meticulous process that requires a practiced eye and the proper techniques. When left to unskilled hands and inferior methods, it can quickly go awry. That is why it is important to find custom flags that are made with professional applique methods.
What Are Applique Methods?
Applique is a popular form of decorative stitching. It is used in ceramics, mending, embroidery,quilting, and much more. With a custom flag or applique banners, these methods are utilized in order to print specific patterns onto a piece of background fabric.
The Advantages of Applique Flag Making
Applique methods do far more than bring every design to life. Because of its easy application and versatility, many professionals report that applique methods are growing and being used on a wider range of products, including T-shirts, blankets, luggage, and more.
How Custom Applique Flags Are Made
There are several steps involved in making custom flags and banners. That is why it is vital to ensure that your flags are constructed by professionals who are dedicated to ensuring top-notch quality.
- A size and design must be chosen first. This will influence the fabric and mounting hardware that is selected later on.
- Once the fabric and fitting are chosen, the fabric is cut by the sewer (leaving an inch or two for the hems). The applique method is then used to stitch the pattern onto the background fabric.
- The flag is hemmed. Two or more rows are stitched in order to hold things in place.
- A pole for mounting is selected. It is best to use wooden or aluminium.
- The sewer creates a pocket on one end of the flag. This pocket does not have to be tight, but it does have to be large enough so that the pole can be properly inserted.
- Grommets can be applied at the end. There are two ways to do this. The sewer can either add a header material to the end of the custom flag, or roll a thick piece of fabric to make a few extra layers.
Why a Custom Flag is Better
Unlike mass produced store flags, custom applique flags are designed to specifically reflect your special personality. They allow you to obtain a unique product that is created just for you, and they also serve to give you a family heirloom that your loved ones will treasure for years!