Whether your 4th of July involves flying an American flag in your yard or going out on the town, there's no place to celebrate Independence Day like Boston. Here's a look at the top 5 things to do when you're in Boston on the 4th of July:
Top 5 Things to do this 4th of July
- Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular: This is easily one of the two premier places to be for the 4th of July in Boston. Awesome music, fabulous guest musicians, amazing fireworks and a great crowd on the Esplanade down by the Charles River. Plan on getting there early for a good spot and pack a picnic - just leave the grill and cooler at home, because it's required that items be visible in a clear bag for safety.
- Boston Harborfest: With over 220 events the first five days in July, there's no doubt that Harborfest has a little something for everyone. From walking tours and reenactments to marine outings and a chowderfest, Harborfest has an awesome lineup and will put you in place for the Pops Fireworks mentioned above.
- Reading of the Declaration of Independence: If you're into Boston and Revolutionary War history, you've got to try to make this special reading that only happens once a year. Starting at 10 AM, this free event happens from the balcony at Historic Faneuil Hall just like it was read on July 18, 1776.
- SAILabration Fundraiser for the Junior and Universal Access Programs: Get the sites and sounds of the Pops extravaganza without the crowd while helping this worthwhile cause. Open seating with tax deductible tickets for a great cookout with Ben & Jerry's ice cream, lots of fun for the kids and it supports sailing classes and open sailing for juniors and individuals with disabilities
- Day Sail on Adirondack III Schooner: Take an amazing tour of Boston Harbor in this wooden 80' schooner. Upgraded with comfortable seating for guests, this is a harbor tour you'll never forget
At Accent Banner, we're proud to create all the 4th of July banners along the Charles River. If you need lightpole banners, American flags or a gonfalon for your organization, please contact us - we're always happy to help our fellow patriots celebrate the4th of July and any other occasion you require something special.